Our products are designed so they may withstand the same standard reflow soldering temperatures as most other electronics components. However, if the reflow temperature is higher than our specification allows, the performance may be affected. Avoid soldering the product at temperatures higher than specified.
For the reflow temperature profile of SMD products, refer to Reflow Temperature Profile.
- General cleaning solutions or ultrasonic cleaning may be used to clean our crystal products, but verification tests are recommended prior to use.
- Tuning fork crystals resonate at frequency bands that are close to the washing frequency of ultrasonic cleaning machines and this may cause resonance deterioration in the crystal. Therefore the use of ultrasonic cleaning machines to clean tuning fork crystals should be avoi-ded. After applying ultrasonic cleaning, the functionality of crystals should be verified by testing the performance of the end product.
Crystal products are designed to resist shock, but if the products receive excessive shocks or are dropped on the ground, be sure to check for any damages before using.
Surface mount crystals are designed to be compatible with most automatic mounting processes, but some processes may exert excessive shock which may damage the crystal. Therefore test mounting of the crystal prior to mass production is necessary.
If there is a possibility that PCB may be warped, make sure the warping is not to such a degree that the crystal products’ operating characteristics or soldering conditions will be negatively affected.
Avoid mounting and processing by Ultrasonic welding because this method has a possibility of an excessive vibration spreading inside the crystal products and becoming the cause of characteristic deterioration and not oscillating.
When bending, forming, or mounting leaded crystal products be careful not to put too much pressure on the glassed part of the base, as it may crack and negatively affect the crystals’ performance.
Storing crystal products at high temperatures or high humidity may deteriorate the soldering condition of pins. Do not store in direct sunlight or damp environments.
- When excessive voltage is applied to crystal resonators, their performance may be affected or the crystal blank may be damaged. When handling the product, use the product within the specifications provided.
- Negative resistance determines the tolerance margin of a circuit that oscillates the resonator. We recommend that the negative resistance be at least five times the standard series resistance for standard applications, and at least ten times the standard series resistance for automotive and safety applications.
- C-MOS is used for internal circuit of crystal oscillators. To prevent latch-up phenomena or static electricity, take careful note.
- Some crystal oscillators do not have internally connected bypass capacitors. When using the product, use a capacitor with a good high frequency characteristic of 0.01μ F between Vcc and GND (e.g. Ceramic chip capacitor) and connect it at the shortest possible distance. For details, refer to the specifications of each individual product.
- Take care so that the input pin and the output pin do not close on the PCB.
- If the floating capacity of a PCB (on which a crystal filter is to be mounted) is too large, circuit tuning may be required to cancel out the excess floating capacity.
- When excessive voltage is applied to crystal filters, their performance may be affected or the crystal blank may be damaged. When handling the product, use at its input level equal to or less than -10dBm.
- Our products are manufactured in a dust-free environment. To keep them clean and dust free, keep them in a clean environment after they are unpacked.